200g blanched almonds (dry weight), soaked overnight and drained
500g blanched almonds (dry weight), soaked overnight and drained
Pulp and zest of 4 oranges (separate it)
4 tsp of dried red back ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
¾ cup agave syrup
¾ cup melted coconut oil
1tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Candied orange peel
- Line a 23cm round tart tray with baking paper
- Blend ingredients for base to rough paste. Spread evenly over tray base
- Blend almonds for filling with orange pulp, lemon juice and half of the orange zest to a smooth consistency. Add water to thin if required.
- Add remaining filling ingredients (apart from the orange zest) and blend again.
- Mix in remaining orange zest.
- Pour over the base, level and garnish.
- Freeze for 24hours. Take out 10-15 minutes before serving.