Makes 20 small quick canapes
20 square wonton wrappers
200g chicken thighs, boned and skinned, chopped
½ cup chicken stock
100 g warrigal greens, bashed with a rolling pin, boiled for 2 minutes then strained & squeezed.
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 strands of native lemon grass, fresh or dried, chopped finely
½ cup coconut cream
1 tsp fish sauce
1 garlic clove
1 chopped red chilli
¼ cup chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees fan forced. Oil two 12- hole mini muffin pans.
- Combine lemongrass, chicken stock and 1 tbsp sugar and bring to boil. Add coconut cream and simmer. Take of heat and let steep. Strain liquid when reaches desired lemony flavour. For extra intensity add a couple of chopped desert limes to preferred strength.
- Return strained liquid to heat and add chopped chicken. Simmer until thickened and chicken is cooked through. Stir in fish sauce, garlic, chilli, and chopped up warrigal greens. Simmer one more minute then let cool.
- Push wonton wrappers into muffin pan holes. Spray light with cooking oil or brush with vegetable oil and place in oven for approx. 5 mins until light browned and crisp. Cool on wire rack to allow to crisp up further.
- Fill wonton cups with chicken and warrigal greens mixture and top with chiffonade coriander.
- A simple canape is ready.