(serves 4 entrees)
1 Free range egg
250ml of Grape seed oil
1 tsp of lemon myrtle powder
- Place marron in ice water for 20 minutes to put to sleep
- Iki Jime spike marron then boil for 1 minute, take out and place back in ice water for 5 minutes to stop cooking
- Peel the shell off the marron and place in the fridge.
Lemon Myrtle Emulsion
- Boil an egg for 6 minutes and place in ice water until cool, then peel.
- In a jug blender blitz egg and 50 ml of cold water until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in 250ml of grape seed oil, while blending
- Add half a tsp of salt and a whole tsp of lemon myrtle powder ( to your liking )
Hand Made Sea Salt
- Collect 10l of seawater and boil down until liquid becomes white and tastes very salty.
- Lay slurry of salt on a baking tray to dry
- Cook Marron over hot coals or on BBQ.
- Place emulsion on plate with hand made sea salt on the side.
- Ask guests to season the marron with the sea salt, drag through the emulsion and then eat with their hands.
- Serve with warm hand towel to clean hands after.
Make sea salt days in advance or buy good quality sea salt.