Serves 4 for a light lunch
- 4 navel oranges
- 3 Tbsp Dried River Mint
- Bag of baby spinach
- 6tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 400h haloumi cheese, sliced into .5 inch rectangular pieces (16 pieces in total)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium fry pan. As it warm, add 1tsp of the dried River Mint to the oil and allow to gently infuse for 5 mins.
- Add haloumi slices and fry both sides until lightly browned and good. Pour over lemon juice, simmer a couple of minutes extra. Remove slices, retaining oil. Pan juices.§
- Skin oranges and cut into ¼ inch round slices. Toss excess orange juice, spinach and orange slices together.
- Return to oil in frying pan, bring up to heat. Add sherry vinegar, sugar, remaining dried River Mint and salt and pepper. Simmer stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Dress salad and toss through fry pan dressing.
- Top with minted haloumi slices and sprinkle with chopped mint.