Australia’s best culinary Geraldton Wax needs a name
We’ve been working with Helix Australia to bring you the best culinary Geraldton Wax. In a world first, this uniquely Australian botanical is almost ready to make its debut. All that’s missing is a name.
Can you really eat Geraldton Wax?
You sure can! Geraldton Wax (Chamelaucium spp.) is an aromatic herb that’s proven its deliciousness in sauces, stocks and gin. While many waxflower species are tasteless or unpleasant in flavour, we’re developing one with strong citrus qualities, grassy notes, and a distinctly Down Under tang.
Where can I buy this?
These plants are almost ready for the Australian market. In just a few months, you can expect to see culinary Geraldton Wax in both plant nurseries and in the fresh produce section of your local supermarket — just ask staff when they’ll be available. But first, it needs a name.
Help us find a name!
How this works:
- Fill out the entry form below to submit your suggestion for a name.
- Follow us on Facebook for updates on the prize draw.
- We will select the prize winners – on the 11th January, 2021 – the three names we consider are the most appropriate and put it to a vote.
- One lucky voter will also get a prize bundle.
Here’s what’s inside the Prize Bundle
A pack of “Name TBC” culinary Geraldton Wax
A complete set of Tucker Bush Dried Native Herbs
A copy of our soon-to-be-released “Bushfood for Beginners” book
A digital (PDF) copy of “Cooking with Bush Tucker”
A live “Name TBC” culinary Geraldton Wax plant (available to WA winners only)
Competition terms & conditions (click to open)
- Each entrant may submit up to 3 suggestions for a name before Monday January 11th.
- This competition is open to residents of Australia.
- By submitting an entry form, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules.
- We will select as the prize winners on the11th January, 2021 the 3 names we consider are the most appropriate names for this Geraldton Wax plant species, and the entrants for those 3 names will each receive the Tucker Bush prize bundle. In the event that a name chosen has been submitted by 2 or more persons, the winner for that name will be based on the person who first submitted their entry of that name. Our decision on the 3 names is final. A vote by the public will then determine which of these 3 names are to be used.
- Prize winners will be contacted via email by 24th January, 2021. If a prize winner is under 18, the prize will be sent to their parent or guardian.
- By submitting this form, you consent to Tucker Bush using your personal information for the purposes of the competition including in the announcement of the prize winners.
- All entries become the intellectual property of Tucker Bush. In particular, by submitting their entry forms, the winners assign all intellectual property rights in those names to Tucker Bush, and consent to the use and registration by Tucker Bush of any trade marks or business names using all or any of the words in the winning entries.
- If you have opted in to our newsletter, you consent to receiving news, information and promotional content from Tucker Bush.
The time to enter names into our competition has now passed, but it’s now time to vote for a winner! So read on….
It’s time to vote!
Thank you everyone who entered our competition and for your excellent suggestions for the name for our new plant.
We had so many entries that we’ve decided to put forward 9 finalists, instead of the original 3.
So 9 people will now be getting a prize bundle, just for reaching this stage!
We’ll be in touch with each of you soon.
(Please note, some of these names were suggested by more than one person, so the prize-winner is the person who entered it first into the competition.)
Now it’s time to pick the winner.
Please help us choose by filling out the form below. Don’t forget, one lucky person will also receive a prize bundle, just for voting!