Bush Art Competition: How to Enter
Get the children outdoors and forage for leaves, sticks, seeds, gumnuts, flowers, bark, and any other native plant material — they don’t have to be from edible plants, just native ones.
Using your foraged plant material, students are to create a self-portrait based on the competition theme:
“How a bushfood garden would make me feel.”
Photograph and submit up to two of the best self-portraits in .jpeg format, via email, to email@example.com. Please use the subject line, “Tucker Bush Art Competition 2023”, and include the name of your school and the name of a staff member we can contact if you win.
Entry must be submitted by Friday 8th December 2023.
Please pay close attention to all Conditions Of Entry below.
8 Dec, 2023
Deadline for submissions.
11 Dec, 2023
Finalists announced & put out to our community to vote for the winner. (You might want to ask your community to join our mailing list below so that they are informed how/when to vote.)
29 Jan, 2024
During Term 1, 2024
Installation of new garden and cultural incursion.
This competition is open only to Perth Metro primary schools and students only. (we’ll run the next competition for High School/Secondary Schools!)
Each school can submit up to two (2) entries from student work.
All work must be created & submitted in Portrait layout, not Landscape.
Conditions of Entry
- Up to two (2) entries per school selected from student work.
- Competition is open to Perth Metro primary schools and students only.
- Schools that have already had a Tucker Bush Schools Program garden and incursion in 2023 are not eligible to enter.
- Entry must be submitted by COB Friday 8th December 2023.
- Entry should be in portrait layout, photographed and emailed in .jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Tucker Bush Art Competition 2023”.
- By submitting an entry, students and teachers give permission for their work to be displayed at various conferences, special events, in publications and promotional material, and in electronic format on the internet.
- The winning student artist gives permission for their photo to be used in publications and promotional material, and in electronic format on the internet.
- Finalist schools will be announced on Monday 11th December 2023 when public voting opens.
- The winning school will be announced on Monday 29th January 2024 and contacted to arrange installation of their new garden and cultural incursion in Term 1 2024.
To participate in the Tucker Bush Schools Program, schools must have:
- Approval from the school principal
- A dedicated garden area within the school grounds (we highly recommend reticulation to get the garden established)
- The support of teaching staff, the school gardener or assisting parents
- Support of the school P&C and social networks