Serves 30 slices
- 300g self-raising flour
- 250g demerara sugar
- 6 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 30g poppy seeds
- 200g castor sugar
- Juice and Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 Tbsp dried lemon myrtle
- 250g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven 170C (conventional) or 160C Fan-forced. Grease and line rectangular baking tin.
- Mix together all ingredients and beat well with batter paddle.
- Pour into tin and smooth out the top.
- Bake 40 mins or until it springs back when pressed in the centre.
- Leave to cool and then turn out.
- The cake can be iced, or mix sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake whilst it is still warm for a crunchy finish.
This recipe brought to you by