For 15 mini skewers ( Serves 4)
- 1kg chicken fillets separated into 15 strips
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4C fresh lime juice
- ¼ C vegetable oil
- 40ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2tbsp dried Cinnamon myrtle
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 Tbsp Dried Native Oregano
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp habanero hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 15x 10cm wooden skewers, soaked in cold water and dried
- Quandong Chutney for dipping
- Place all ingredients in blender or hand blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Take fillets and place in ziplock or vacuum bag, add marinade and ensure it is massaged through fillets. Allow to marinate in fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Take fillets and weave onto skewers in one straight piece.
- BBQ or Grill for 6 mins each side, allowing sugar to caramelise. Baste with extra marinade. Ensure heat isn’t too low to avoid ‘boiling’.
- Remove and keep warm under foil – serve with Quandong chutney.
This recipe brought to you by