Serves 4 as a main course
- 1kg side of Barramundi, skin on
- 4 Tbsp dried Red Back Ginger leaves
- 1 tbsp dried Red Back ginger root
- ¼C chopped coriander (including roots)
- 1/4C chopped mint
- 4 sprigs native thyme
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp Palm sugar
- 3 garlic cloves finely slices
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven 180C. Take baking tray and lay out foil wrap. On top of foil wrap place a rectangle of parchment paper. Grease.
- Place barramundi fillet on top this.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and top the fish with this mixture.
- Wrap parchment and foil up over barramundi fillet and join edges at top. Fold over three times to create a package and allow steaming to happen – otherwise known as ‘en papillote’.
- Place fish in oven and bake 30-40mins in the oven until just cooked through.
- Remove from oven and unwrap. The steam will escape with delicious gingery aromas.
- Serve fish fillet whole on a platter with fresh radish salad and buttered green beans.